Saturday 25 April 2015

And so it goes on...

Nothing much has really happened recently, other than the realisation that I'm not quite capable of achieving the final outcome that I want for my senior year but I already had an idea of that at the back of my mind. The days have begun to blend together, going by just a little to quickly for my liking but that was also to be expected.

I had a cross country in my school recently and once again made the team. Its odd to think that although everyone who seems to suffer from EDs are all different, there are many common characteristics in us. One of my old psychologists went through the list of many common traits displayed in anorexia sufferers and one of those was that they were often very good at distance running. Probably a mixture of both willpower and the amount of overexercise. She said that bulimics are commonly promiscuous and during that time I was. I went out a lot, probably to fill that feeling that something was missing.

Even though these things are very stereotypical its always interesting to see the differences and similarities that tell us whether or not we're the 'only one.' It blurs the line between whether your actions are yours or your illness, and it makes you question who you could possibly be.

From,
Dorcha Aingeal

No comments:

Post a Comment